Please contact me if:
- You have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and may need to reschedule.
- You are feeling sick and will need to reschedule.
For your appointment:
- Please remember to bring a mask. Due to my work being close contact, I continue the use of masks during the office visit. Your effort is much appreciated! If you prefer that I wear an N95 for your visits, please let me know and I’ll be happy to support that.
- New patients must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster shot. You may bring your vaccination card to your appointment or email me a screenshot from https://waverify.doh.wa.gov/.
- You are welcome to wash your hands in the office restroom or use hand sanitizer that's provided in my office.
- Hospital-grade HEPA air purifier in the waiting room.
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces such as all doorknobs, restroom light switch, and faucet after every patient visit.
- Not providing water or tea.
My treatment room protocol:
- My personal COVID-19 vaccinations are up to date as of 9/11/2022.
- I am using required sanitation and disinfecting solutions per the CDC requirements and the EPA List N Disinfectants.
- I am disinfecting all equipment after each use - hemostat, needle tray, cupping pump, scissors, electrostim machine, and cables, pulse oximeter, etc.
- I am disinfecting furniture - vinyl cover on the treatment table, rolling stool, heat lamp, side table, and chair.
- I am disinfecting all common-touch surfaces - front doorknob, treatment room doorknobs, restroom doorknobs, and faucet handles.
- I keep my window open a couple of inches during patient visits and open fully between visits to maintain the circulation of fresh air.
- All linens are for single-use only - treatment table sheets, pillowcases, a blanket case, and other props.
- I have an air purifier that filters down to 0.1 microns.
- Touchless payments can be made via Venmo, Zelle, or online through an email from me.